Portable EmissionsMeasurement System
CAFEE’s Portable Emissions Measurement System consists of a number of modular emissions analyzers that can be adapted to nearly any in-use or real road application. The majority of the CAFEE PEMS equipment is utilized and maintained according to the guidelines established by 40 CFR Part 1065 subpart J. Our selection of portable systems includes, but is not limited to:
- Horiba OBS 2200 and OBS-ONE, on-board vehicle exhaust gas analyzers capable of measuring all regulated and non-regulated gaseous emissions, as well as relevant vehicle parameters and GPS position.
- Horiba TRPM, an onboard partial-flow gravimetric PM measurement device.
- Sensors Inc. Semtech-DS, a portable analyzer system
- Sensors Inc. CQCM and MPS for continuous PM measurement
- Numerous additional analyzers (contact us for complete list)
CAFEE has developed data post-processing software capable of performing emissions calculations from acquired data during in-use emissions measurement. The salient feature of this software is its ability to seamlessly process in-use emissions data acquired by any commercial PEMS unit. The software can generate reports of in-use emissions results in accordance with EPA regulations, as per CFR, Title 40, Part 1065; it can also meet EU regulations according to the guidelines provided by the European Draft Test Procedure for PEMS measurements.